[systemd-devel] systemd-networkd questions

Patrik Flykt patrik.flykt at linux.intel.com
Wed Nov 13 13:41:35 PST 2013

	Hi,

On Wed, 2013-11-13 at 17:39 +0100, Tom Gundersen wrote:

> I'm sure I would like avoid that :) Hopefully we'll be able to reuse
> the dhcp client from connman, but as the work of converting that into
> a library has not yet finished I don't know yet exactly how that will
> work out.

Taking out the glib event loop from the existing implementation in
ConnMan and ironing out the relative age of it did leave quite a lot to
be desired. It was unfortunately (again) easier to build something anew
bottoms up than to insert the existing code into a new context. I fished
out the accumulated quirks in the current code, though, so all has not
been lost here.

The DHCPv6 part in ConnMan is of much newer date, looking at it makes me
believe more can be reused there.

>  Hopefully this will become clearer very soon.

Patches have appeared on the mailing list...

Cheers,

	Patrik