[systemd-devel] pam: Don't use loginuid [was: Re: Fix PAM module to not clobber XDG_RUNTIME_DIR with su]

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 18 22:54:02 PST 2013

Hello Colin,

Colin Walters [2013-11-18 19:35 -0500]:
> This is on my radar; the patch wasn't working for me but I haven't had
> time to add debug prints and figure out whether it's my
> (gnome-continuous) side or something else.  Give me a day or two.

Did you just try the original patch that I sent to RHBZ? As I found
out with the "other" Colin, this actually needs two patches. One is
the "check runtime dir ownership" one which I sent to RHBZ (in
slightly different form), the final one is

  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-November/014392.html

and second, dropping the usage of loginuid, which is

  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-November/014390.html

Colin Guthrie confirmed that this fixed things for him. Can you check
with these two, or confirm that even with these two you still get the
wrong runtime dir in pkexec?

Thanks,

Martin