[systemd-devel] systemd 208:trouble with inactive user sessions at non-seat0 seats

Laércio de Sousa lbsousajr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 10:13:44 PST 2013

Hi there!

I'm testing both Fedora 20 Beta and openSUSE 13.1 in my multiseat system
(with GNOME 3.10, GDM 3.10.0.1 and systemd 208). I'm currently observing a
strange behaviour which didn't occur in previous distro release (with GNOME
3.8.4 and systemd 204).

When I boot my system, gdm greeter session at both seat0 and non-seat0
seats are active, as expected. However, when a user logs in at a non-seat0
seat, the user session gets inactive. Nevertheless, I can activate it
manually with command "loginctl activate <user-session-id>", but if that
user logs out, the new greeter session now becomes inactive.

I suspect this strange behaviour is related to that generic multi-session
support introduced in systemd 208. I can see that, when a user logs in, the
greeter and user sessions coexist for a while, one at "closing" state and
the other at "online" state, depending on whether the user logs in or out.

What could it be? Lack of generic multi-session support in GDM?

CANTATE DOMINO CANTICUM NOVUM
QUIA MIRABILIA FECIT

Laércio