[systemd-devel] [HEADS-UP] PID 1 now ported to libsystemd-bus

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Wed Nov 20 14:10:30 PST 2013

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 9:08 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> Heya!
>
> I just pushed a huge patch that ports the last remaining bit from
> libdbus to libsystemd-bus: PID 1 itself. It's a large patch, touching a
> lot of code. I did quite a bit of (personal and automated) testing but
> given how large this is I am sure I broke something. So, please, be
> careful around git for now, test it please, and don't be too surprised
> if it is a bit rougher than usual, thanks!

I tried comparing latest git with v208 in systemd-nspawn.

I now get an almost (but not quite) 100% reproducible hang on poweroff
(until a timeout) with the message "A stop job is running for User
Manager for 0". Is this a known problem?

The only other difference I noted was that it now pretty consistently
takes about one tenth of the time to boot into systemd-nspawn (10ms
against 100ms with v208), so that's something to keep in mind in case
the hang is caused by a race.

Cheers,

Tom