[systemd-devel] pam: Don't use loginuid [was: Re: Fix PAM module to not clobber XDG_RUNTIME_DIR with su]

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 16:20:41 PST 2013

2013/11/18 Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg at debian.org>:
> This is a rather pressing issue for us (it breaks GDM logins in some
> cases), and we’d like to fix it by cherry-picking a patch that was
> merged upstream.

"some cases" is very vague. Reading through the gdm bug report (or the
one re-assigned to libpam-systemd) it's actually not clear to me what
exactly causes gdm to fail and under which conditions.

Would probably be best to dig deeper here and find the root cause.
gdm is working just fine here, fwiw.

universe are pointed away from Earth?