[systemd-devel] Question regarding the NotifyAccess parameter

salil GK gksalil at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 07:26:25 PST 2013

Hello

   I have a service in shell script in which I am sending notification to
systemd using `systemd-notify WATCHDOG=1` command. What happens is -
systemd-notify will be a child process and in the systemd notification will
not be honoured if NotifyAccess is set to main. Is there any work around
for this.

   One more issue I observed is - if I specify Restart=on-failure, if
watchdog timer expire, it restart the service. But I can see that it create
two processes rather than restarting the process. But if I do systemctl
restart Myservice , it kills the previous instance of service and start a
new service. Any pointers on why it happens so.

Thanks
salil