[systemd-devel] send -isolateDevice and -config option to Xserver

Floris jkfloris at dds.nl
Fri Nov 22 15:08:47 PST 2013

Dear systemd Maintainers,

I am still struggling to get multiseat working with systemd 204, gdm3.10
and gnome3.10.
Last week Debian Testing has released Gnome 3.8 but unfortunately gdm3 is
was build
without systemd support, so I tried the experimental 3.10 version with
systemd.

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to pass options to the Xserver,
because the nvidia
driver needs an "-isolateDevice" and/ or a "-config" option to get a
working multiseat.

I have set the master-of-seat rule for udev and loginctl seat-status seat0
and seat1
shows the right devices for each seat.

But without the -isolateDevice option the first seat Xserver grabs the two
Nvidia cards
leaving the second with an "Error no screens found" message.

I hope someone can explain me how the two Xservers are started. I think
that
/lib/systemd/systemd-multi-seat-x start the second Xserver with a gdm3 for
seat1
But does it also start seat0? And how can I send the -isolateDevice option
to the Xservers?

thanks,

floris