[systemd-devel] [systemd-commits] src/network

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Nov 25 15:40:05 PST 2013

On Mon, 25.11.13 15:20, Dave Reisner (dreisner at kemper.freedesktop.org) wrote:

>     uint64_t can be formatted correctly with %ju, rather than casting to
>     unsigned and potentially losing accuracy.

Oh, shouldn't we be careful with that? %j is for intmax_t. Which might
or might not be int64_t. Given that int128_t is already on the horizon
(newer gcc already support __int128 on 64bit machines...), I wouldn't be
surprised if intmax_t is growing to 128bit eventually.

Format strings don't really have a nice way to print fixed-size
integers I fear... the only stuff that is correct is the "PRIu64" macro,
but that's fricking ugly...

I think PRIu64 is still a better, more future-proof option than %j though...