[systemd-devel] [systemd-commits] man/systemd-socket-proxyd.xml src/socket-proxy TODO

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Nov 27 12:17:33 PST 2013

On Wed, 27.11.13 14:09, David Timothy Strauss (david at davidstrauss.net) wrote:

> > If this is about running multiple things in the same Network namespace,
> > then there are certainly other, better ways to achieve the same. For
> > example, we could introduce JoinPrivateNetwork=$SERVICE or so which
> > would allow one service to join the network namespace of another. That
> > makes this much smoother and more powerful, too.
>
> That would be wonderful. I'd love to shed the shell scripts.

This is implemented now in "JoinsNamespaceOf=" and will affect both
PrivateNetwork= and PrivateTmp=.

I also took the liberty to revert the --listener patch, since it is
unnecessary now, and I updated the examples in the man page to not use
shell scripts anymore. I didn't test them though, please check if
everything's OK now.