[systemd-devel] systemd-multi-seat-x deprecation is near...

Laércio de Sousa lbsousajr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 07:33:29 PST 2013

Hi there!

I've submitted some patches to xorg-devel to fill the remaining gaps which
make current sytemd-multi-seat-x wrapper still needed in some multiseat
setups.

One of these patches was already merged into upstream and should be
released in xorg-server v1.15 (see
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=c73c36b537f996574628e69681833ea37dec2b6e
).

There are other two alternative patches, that fill the other gap, currently
waiting for review:

This one: http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2013-November/038748.html

OR

This one (preferrable):
http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2013-November/038765.html

If/when these patches are released, then systemd-multi-seat-x, in its
current form, will be no longer necessary. So, unless you have another
plans for this wrapper, I would like to suggest that you make its build
optional in future releases of systemd (if it's not already optional).

CANTATE DOMINO CANTICUM NOVUM
QUIA MIRABILIA FECIT

Laércio