[systemd-devel] Seeing logging as user

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 16:22:23 PST 2013

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-journald.service.html#Access%20Control

>>> What if I want this user to also see the log of for example cron?
>>

>> According to that link, you need to add the user to the
>> systemd-journal group.
>

> Then the user will see all messages I think. I mean its own messages and
cron, but nothing else.

The journal has two modes of separating messages - by login session's
owner, and by the uid of the process itself.

Your cronjobs do not run in a systemd-logind session (though they could),
but they /do/ run with your uid, so you would be able to see them in the
split-by-uid mode at least.