[systemd-devel] How to completely clear journal?

Manuel Reimer manuel.spam at nurfuerspam.de
Wed Oct 2 01:18:07 PDT 2013

David Strauss <david <at> davidstrauss.net> writes:
> Instead of doing your own compressed dump to flash, how about this:
>
>  (1) Enable persistence.
>  (2) When you want a backup, force rotation by sending the journal SIGUSR2
>  (3) Copy away the rotated journal file and delete it.

This doesn't help me.

- I don't write to flash
- What I want to do is to transfer the data, logged on the embedded system,
to another host (server on the internet) on daily base. This is done via
HTTP. The internet connection, used for this, isn't established all the time!
- I need to transfer this data in a clearly readable format (plain text) as
I want to read the log entries via webinterface.

Greetings,

Manuel