[systemd-devel] Randomly on shutdown, stop timeout for user at .service (repeated report, different user)

Andrey Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 19:53:37 PDT 2013

В Mon, 7 Oct 2013 12:58:16 -0700
"Kok, Auke-jan H" <auke-jan.h.kok at intel.com> пишет:

> Doing a `ln -sf /usr/lib/systemd/user/dbus.socket
> /etc/systemd/user/default.target.wants/dbus.socket` (quick hack) or
> something like that maybe helps, but you're running into the basic
> problem that there's just not enough there for systemd --user to do
> anything useful (no default target defined, no dependencies installed
> to "sane" defaults, etc.).

If there nothing to run as user session, why systemd starts user
session?

You probably misunderstand the problem. Stock systemd will start
user at 0.service when session for root opens (and I assume
user@$UID.service for each other user). This service sometimes does not
stop on shutdown causing timeout. If this service is not needed, it
should not be started, right? So it is not "we" who are running in
basic problem - it is systemd which is running into basic problem :)