[systemd-devel] tree-wide conversion from libdbus to libsystemd-bus

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Wed Oct 23 01:22:39 CEST 2013

Most of the original plan outlined a couple of months ago is still valid:
  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-March/009797.html

We now have all the major pieces to port to the new library available
in the systemd tree. Converting tools is half way mechanical
replacing, the other half rewriting the bus hookup.

Things get a lot shorter and more readable, and the bus-related code
is usually less than half the size. The core piece of services which
export things to the bus look like this now:
  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/tree/src/locale/localed.c#n1040

To avoid any duplication of work, here are the tools which still need
conversion. Please reply to this mail, in case you decide to work on
anything in that area.

- systemd-analyze
    "thomasandersen> kay: ok. I could attempt to do a sd-bus patch
                                 for it since I am doing other changes
there anyway?

- timedatectl

- systemd-machined