[systemd-devel] Where did DefaultControllers= option go?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Oct 29 17:50:17 CET 2013

'Twas brillig, and Thomas Bächler at 29/10/13 16:39 did gyre and gimble:
> Am 29.10.2013 17:21, schrieb Colin Guthrie:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 'Twas brillig, and Umut Tezduyar at 29/10/13 15:17 did gyre and gimble:
>>> I have noticed DefaultControllers= option is no longer in system.conf
>>> file. Has it been moved to somewhere else or are all controllers
>>> default controllers by default?
>>
>> See the various posts on this list and in blogs regarding the cgroups
>> rework. In particular see the mails with the subject "[HEADSUP] cgroup..."
>>
>> See also:
>> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ControlGroupInterface/
>
> None of this explains why systemd no longer applies certain controllers
> by default. Previously, systemd would attach cpu controllers to each
> service by default. Now, it only groups your processes in the systemd
> tree, but does not touch any cgroup controllers.

I can't remember the details but I'm sure there was an explanation
posted at some point. I'll let Lennart or Tejun explain the details. I
think it relates to the CPUAccounting, MemoryAccounting and
BlockIOAccounting settings detailed in systemd.resource-control(5)

In addition, if clarifications are added to the previously provided URL,
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/MyServiceCantGetRealtime/
should likely be updated (used to be referenced in man pages but was
dropped in 7ac807320a7416463d7ff3ef6ede574863a601c5 although the wiki
page itself still exists obviously)

Col

--

Colin Guthrie