[systemd-devel] How to reduce systemd/journald memory usage?

Cristian Rodríguez crrodriguez at opensuse.org
Thu Sep 5 16:49:49 PDT 2013

El 05/09/13 17:57, Manuel Reimer escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I want to boot up a smaller ARM system with systemd. This, so far, works
> well, but all the tools around systemd take a significant amount of my
> available system memory.

What do you mean *exactly* ? in a full blown desktop, systemd is using
3392 KB of memory here. I suspect you are  measuring the wrong things
are you ?

> Do I have to use journald at all?

Yes, the journal is mandatory, however the journal *storage* can be
disabled by setting Storage=none , however in this case you will need a
syslog implementation.