[systemd-devel] plugable multi seat station for extended desktop

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Sep 9 05:57:31 PDT 2013

On Mon, 09.09.13 09:28, Damian Ivanov (damianatorrpm at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have the plugable multi seat station but would like to use it for
> extending the desktop. Is there some variable at boot I can set, or
> some file I can edit, rather than manually attaching the device to
> seat0?

"loginctl attach /sys/.... seat0"

Or if you want the entire automatic seat logic to go, just drop the line

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="2230", ATTR{idProduct}=="000[13]", ENV{ID_AUTOSEAT}="1"

from 71-seat.rules (copy it from /usr/lib to /etc for that, otherwise it
will be overriden again on next package upgrade).

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.