[systemd-devel] PrivateNetwork=true conflicts with Type=notify

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Tue Sep 10 10:04:43 PDT 2013

Hi all,

when trying to disable network access to the PHP-FPM service I noticed
that the service was no longer able to call back to systemd using
Type=notify. Systemd then kills the service when reaching the timeout.
It seems this could be a limitation by design in which case we might
want to warn the user when attepmting such setup.

On a side node: The private network systemd sets up for such services
enables IPv6 even if this is disabled on the host using
net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1. I cannot think of a scenario where
this leads to trouble though.

Greetings,

Pierre