[systemd-devel] brightness in tmpfiles.d

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Sep 11 09:12:35 PDT 2013

On Mon, 12.08.13 22:40, Christian Hesse (list at eworm.de) wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a file /etc/tmpfiles.d/brightness.conf containing this line:
>
> w /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness - - - - 10
>
> This used to set the brightness on boot, but broke lately. The path is
> correct, so I assume this is a race condition. Any chance to get this work
> again?

Just a quick follow-up on this. systemd git now includes a tiny tool to
save/restore the backlight late at shutdown/early at boot, similar to
how we handle random seed already. This should make all manual dealing
with tmpfiles/udev rules unnecessary, and just make this all work.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.