[systemd-devel] Is ExecStop executed when service terminates by itself?

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Thu Sep 12 03:50:42 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 8:57 AM, Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at suse.com> wrote:
> Le jeudi 12 septembre 2013 à 01:22 +0200, Lennart Poettering a écrit :

>> (Meh, such sysvinit script extensions are just evil shit, I wish suse
>> wouldn't do such nonsense...)
>
> Well, sometime, we don't have a choice, specially once a release is out
> and we can't start adding .service on the fly.
>
> The patches are pretty simple:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/Base:System/systemd/remain_after_exit-initscript-heuristic-and-add-new-LSB-hea.patch?expand=1
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/Base:System/systemd/service-flags-sysv-service-with-detected-pid-as-RemainAfte.patch?expand=1
>
> It is the only way I found to have some coherent state for initscripts
> (systemclt status) between those which are "forking" type and those
> which are "oneshot" type (and we can't rely on PIDFile: header, since it
> is not a LSB header but a RH only one).

Hmm, you cannot rely on a header variable Fedora has used, but you can
invent your own ones? I don't understand that.

> If you have a better solution which doesn't involve creating .service
> file as a workaround, I'd be happy to drop those patches..

This should and will some day be replaced by a generator which creates
unit files at startup. All the built-in initscripts logic will go
away.

(The problem is that we do not have any iniscripts left, so we kind of
have forgotten about that and cannot really test it.)

Kay