[systemd-devel] An option to activate other unit (or units) when an unit enter "deactivated" state

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Sep 17 08:20:44 PDT 2013

On Fri, 13.09.13 02:34, 황재영 (j-zero.hwang at samsung.com) wrote:

>    Hello guys.
>
>    I'm searching an option that activate unit (or units) when an unit enter
>    "deactivated" state.
>
>    I know "OnFailure" option, but that is activated when entering "failed"
>    state only.
>
>    Is threr any option that can be activated when all case?

No this is not available. We don't want to turn systemd units into a
Turing complete language, so I am really conservative on adding
something liket this.

Note however, that with Type=oneshot services you can get something
similar, simply by queuing multiple oneshot services with ordering
dependencies in to the systemd job queue.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.