[systemd-devel] Environment or an environment file with empty variable value

Belal, Awais Awais_Belal at mentor.com
Wed Sep 18 05:25:31 PDT 2013

Hi,

I had a use case where I wanted to emit out environment variables with no values assigned as in just an empty env var. To be exact, tracker has a configuration 'TRACKER_USE_CONFIG_FILES' which you can simply export "TRACKER_USE_CONFIG_FILES=" to your environment and tracker would start using configuration files rather than gsettings schema for configurations.

While attempting to achieve this I saw that we could not use vars with empty values in either the 'Environment' directive or the file under the 'EnvironmentFile' directive for the service so I had to use "TRACKER_USE_CONFIG_FILES=abcd" in order to achieve the variable spitting in the environment. Is this the intended behavior?

BR,
Awais