[systemd-devel] Patches to use -.mount without /etc/fstab

Kelly Anderson kelly at xilka.com
Tue Sep 24 12:53:30 PDT 2013

Hello,

If I'm not mistaken, the intent way back in the early stages of systemd was to
eliminate /etc/fstab and use .mount files exclusively.  Since it was never
fully implemented I took the prerogative to make it work on my systems.
I've been using the setup for quite some time and it works without problem.

1. if /etc/fstab is missing, systemd must remount / based on the options
in /etc/systemd/system/-.mount.

2.  If /etc/fstab is missing, systemd must create a valid fstab (in this case
/run/fstab) so that fsck runs properly.

The attached patches address those issues.