[systemd-devel] License of systemd API

Adam Spragg adam at spra.gg
Thu Sep 26 09:46:40 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-26 17:11, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> And besides that: the glibc headers carry the
> word for word identical copyright header (only replacing "systemd" by
> "GNU C Library"). So if those headers are OK for usage with OpenRC
> the
> systemd headers should be too.

But, if I understand correctly, OpenRC isn't going to try and
re-implement
any glibc functionality, but it might try to re-implement systemd
functionality.

(Even if they did want to re-implement libc, their question would be
directed
to ANSI or The Open Group(?), not GNU/FSF, because ANSI/TOG are the
authors of
the C standard/POSIX.)

Adam