[systemd-devel] Renaming network interfaces: device or resource busy

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Sep 30 08:14:17 PDT 2013

Hi,

Just trying to debug the problem mentioned in the subject. I'm wanting
to use the new device names in stage 2 of our installer (some closing
config routines write the interface name into some conf files etc), but
when udev rules kick in, the device is already up and in use... is there
any way to work out what is using it and preventing the rename?

I would guess fuser or netstat but not quite sure what to look for.
Simply running netstat only shows unix sockets, no tcp/udp ones...

Any help appreciated.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie