[systemd-devel] Masking .network files

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Sat Apr 5 18:25:08 PDT 2014

On Sun, 6 Apr 2014 01:12:45 +0200
Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:

> So in general "masking" .network files (in the sense applied to unit
> files) does not make much sense, and will probably not behave as you
> would expect from knowing unit files. We may very well want to change
> this in networkd, but need to think a bit about precisely how (the
> whole logic is quite different from unit files, so copying the same
> behavior doesn't quite work I think).

My question is much simpler: why are empty .network files and files with an
empty [Match] section treated equally? Clearly, empty files still "do
something".

AFAIU networkd compiles a list of all .network "units" before applying their
settings, so one can check that a file is empty and kick it off the list, no?

But please note that I haven't looked at the code in detail, so feel free to
ignore me if the above makes no sense.

Best,
L.

--
Leonid Isaev
GnuPG key fingerprint: C0DF 20D0 C075 C3F1 E1BE  775A A7AE F6CB 164B 5A6D