[systemd-devel] Systemd askpassword

Ismael Bouya ismael.bouya at normalesup.org
Sat Apr 12 18:04:22 PDT 2014

Hi,
Thanks for your answer!
The attached journals (described below) are here:
http://www.normalesup.org/~bouya/temp/systemd/

So after investigation I have to ponder the "hang forever". In the attached
journal file (b2) it dies by himself after exactly one minute. Sometimes I
manually reset it through sysRq after 1min+10sec (b7), and the first time
it happened I'm sure I waited more than 2min before doing the hard reset
(estimate given by the --list-boots times between the last line of the
first incriminated boot and the start of the next one). This last case I
couldn't reproduce with debug lines.

I guess it's not so much like a bug then, but simply that he waits a little
before killing the incriminated tasks. However it seems not to be a
constant time, since during the tests it happened that it was as fast as
usual to stop (b5) while at the previous run and exactly the same way it
hanged.

(you can look for "chiffre" or "f56ef48b" to grep messages specific to the
encrypted media)

Hope it will help!
--
Ismael