[systemd-devel] systemd-networkd: setting the MAC address for a .netdev unit?

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Thu Apr 17 14:28:01 PDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:02:11PM +0200, Matthias Schiffer wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to configure the MAC address of a bridge device statically (as
> bridges tend to change their MAC address depending on the order the
> ports are added on Linux otherwise), but there doesn't seem to be a way
> to match for a bridge in a .link unit. This would be very useful for
> macvlans as well.

Link files can match bridges generally with Type=bridge or Driver=bridge
in the [Match] section, or more specifically by just matching on name.
In the [Link] section, MACAddressPolicy=persistent should give you
persistent hw addresses in the general case, or you can use
MACAddress=fe:ed:fa:ce:be:ef to set whatever you like for more specific
matches.

Does this not work for you?