[systemd-devel] Run script before the first systemd-timer is triggered? Systemd-timer in UTC?

Manuel Reimer manuel.spam at nurfuerspam.de
Mon Apr 28 00:48:55 PDT 2014

Hello,

I want to run systemd on a embedded linux board. I have connected a RTC
module via I2C.

What I want to do is to set the time via "hwclock --hctosys" during boot. I
have to do this before the first systemd-timer is triggered.

How do I have to create my service-file to set the time as early as possible?

Second question: Do I have to use "localtime" for systemd timers or is it
possible to set a timer wich, for example, is triggered daily at 04:00 UTC?

Thank you very much in advance.

Greetings,

Manuel