[systemd-devel] right way to log to rsyslog/syslog only?

Frantisek Hanzlik franta at hanzlici.cz
Thu Aug 7 05:06:07 PDT 2014

Hi, I just install Fedora 20 (with systemd 208) and want log,
if possible, without journald, only to rsyslog.

I have this configuration:

'systemd.log_target=syslog-or-kmsg' at kernel command line

'/etc/systemd/system.conf':
[Manager]
LogTarget=syslog-or-kmsg
DefaultStandardOutput=syslog

'/etc/systemd/user.conf':
[Manager]
LogTarget=syslog-or-kmsg

'/etc/systemd/journald.conf':
[Journal]
Storage=none

It's good that I have no /var/log/journal/* files, but
- journald is still runnig (this isn't too imporatant, but when it
   is possible work without it, it will be better)
- fundamental problem seems be, that some daemons logs not appear
   in rsyslog files, for unknown reason.

systemd/journald man pages are not clear how solve this, please can
someone touch me to right direction?

Thanks in advance, Franta Hanzlik