[systemd-devel] systemd-resolved cannot survive router reinstall

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Aug 12 12:19:12 PDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 2:48 AM, Anatol Pomozov
<anatol.pomozov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the instructions, here is the log
> https://gist.github.com/anatol/cb497118cfad6af3dc60
>
> The interesting entries are:
> Aug 11 17:30:25 theserver systemd-networkd[32648]: ICMPv6 CLIENT:
> Received Router Advertisment flags MANAGED/OTHER
> Aug 11 17:30:25 theserver systemd-networkd[32648]: ICMPv6 CLIENT:
> Received Router Advertisment flags MANAGED/OTHER
> Aug 11 17:30:30 theserver systemd-networkd[32648]: ICMPv6 CLIENT:
> Received Router Advertisment flags MANAGED/OTHER
>
> Is it the "heartbeat" message from the router?

This is IPv6 router advertisment. Not related to your DHCPv4 problems.

When the router is rebooted, we should expect to get -LOWER_UP
followed by +LOWER_UP in the logs (same as when unplugging the cable).
Could you try running "ip monitor link" when rebooting the rooter and
paste whatever events you get? How about when you unplug/replug the
cable?