[systemd-devel] Warnings from recent commits

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Aug 14 11:45:06 PDT 2014

On Mon, 21.07.14 16:09, Samuli Suominen (ssuominen at gentoo.org) wrote:

> 4.6 is the minimum dependency as-is, for eg. _Static_assert,
> DISABLE_WARNING_{DECLARATION_AFTER_STATEMENT,FORMAT_NONLITERAL,MISSING_PROTOTYPES,NONNULL},
> REENABLE_WARNING
> Just to get the udev part of the systemd tree compiled with gcc-4.5 or
> older, you need something like,
> http://510524.bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=380992
>
> Just saying, that 4.6 minimum wouldn't be a new thing, it's been around
> for several releases now

I am fine with supporting gcc 4.5. This patch really looks like it could
be turned into something upstreamable. I mean, we already have a manual
fallback for assert_cc(), so it shouldn't be too hard to figure
something out that works on gcc 4.5. I mean, i think it would be totally
OK to throw warnings on gcc 4.5, as long as it compiles. And the
DISABLE_WARNING_xyz stuff is really only stuff to make warnings go away,
that is all...