[systemd-devel] Logind error - Failed to abandon session scope: Connection reset

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Aug 14 15:38:07 PDT 2014

On Thu, 17.07.14 11:49, Roger Qiu (roger.qiu at polycademy.com) wrote:

Hi,

(sorry for the late response)

> Are you saying that logind should be terminated first then dbus
> should be terminated second?

Yes, dbus should best be stopped after logind.

> In what situations would their termination sequence get mixed?

That's a good question. I am a bit puzzled why this race never shows up
for me, but it shows up for you.

I mean, looking at the deps both services are not ordered against each
other, so it kinda should happen frequently, but it never does for me...

Anyway, this is really just cosmetic, the only thing we can fix here I
guess is hide the warning. Or just wait for kdbus at which point the
problem goes away entirely as the bus will survive the entire system
runtime.