[systemd-devel] suspend-utils and systemd

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Aug 18 05:57:13 PDT 2014

On Sat, 16.08.14 13:48, Rodolfo García Peñas (kix) (kix at debian.org) wrote:

Heya,
> Hi,
>
> I am new on the list. Thanks for your work with systemd.
>
> I am trying to run systemd and suspend-utils (uswsusp in Debian) and
> I don't know how to do it.
>
> I was checking how to include support for suspend with normal
> packages (server daemons,...) but I am not sure how to implement it
> with suspend-utils.
>
> Reading [1], it modify the systemd hibernate/supsend/hybrid scripts,
> but IMO this is not the right option to include support in
> suspend-utils and uswsusp package.

We only support the in-kernel default suspend-to-disk and suspend-to-ram
implementations. We don't really support any other implementations of
the logic upstream, and especially not out-of-tree ones.

You can of course override the implementation of systemd-suspend.service
and system-hibernate.service, to whatever you like.

However, I really wonder, what's wrong with the normal in-kernel
implementations? Why use something else?