[systemd-devel] Implementing resume from hibernation as a systemd unit file

Ivan Shapovalov intelfx100 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 04:46:38 PDT 2014

On Monday 18 August 2014 at 22:04:29, Ivan Shapovalov wrote:
> [..]
> > >
> > > Even if initramfs-only, ordering dependencies still need to be worked out.
> > > Inside of initramfs, neither systemd-fsck-root.service nor systemd-remount-fs.service
> > > do exist, so there's apparently nothing to reliably order against.
> >
> > Well, in the initrd the root dir is mounted to /sysroot, which means you
> > should be able to order yourself before sysroot.mount.
> >
> > Lennart
> >

> ...missing sysroot's fsck, as well as any other x-initrd mounts and their fsck instances.
>
> Seems that sysroot.mount alone isn't sufficient.

...Anything on this?

Should we add yet another passive target(s), something like fsck-pre? I don't
actually know what is the best way to tackle this. The resume unit shall be
activated before any writes to any block devices, including fsck, cryptsetup
and whatever else.

--
Ivan Shapovalov / intelfx /