[systemd-devel] Implementing resume from hibernation as a systemd unit file

Ivan Shapovalov intelfx100 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 11:12:48 PDT 2014

On Thursday 21 August 2014 at 22:06:49, Ivan Shapovalov wrote:
> On Thursday 21 August 2014 at 01:03:20, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > ...Anything on this?
> > >
> > > Should we add yet another passive target(s), something like fsck-pre? I don't
> > > actually know what is the best way to tackle this. The resume unit shall be
> > > activated before any writes to any block devices, including fsck, cryptsetup
> > > and whatever else.
> >
> > Hmm, so I though a bit about this, and I think we should make the
> > following changes to systemd:
> >
> > a) move local-fs-pre.target before all the fsck. This way we can make
> >    use of it as a barrier against modifications of any fs.
>
> ...all fsck except the systemd-fsck-root.service, right? It's already ordered
> before local-fs-pre.target.
>
> Makes sense; then the resume unit will be
>
>     Wants=local-fs-pre.target
>     Before=local-fs-pre.target systemd-fsck-root.service systemd-remount-fs.service shutdown.target
>     ConditionPathIsReadWrite=!/
>
> However, this breaks when there is a legacy /usr mount without fsck...
> src/core/mount.c:mount_add_default_dependencies() does not add
> After=local-fs-pre.target if the mount in question is / or /usr.
>
> Hence, the legacy /usr mount is missed by this scheme.

Actually, I don't pretty understand the reasoning behind skipping the default
dependencies on /usr mount (commit b24de9d2, but the commit message doesn't
say much).

So hypothetically there are three solutions of different ugliness and
acceptability:

- introduce yet another target (all-fs-pre.t?)
- revert b24de9d2
- add explicit Before=usr.mount to the resume unit

--
Ivan Shapovalov / intelfx /