[systemd-devel] loginctl - multi-seats

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 06:10:00 PDT 2014

Archlinux 3.16.1
systemd 215-4
Xorg 1.16

Until now, I have been enable to set a dual seat following the
archwiki[1]. In short, I had to modify the /etc/X11/xorg.conf
accordingly, then $ startx -- layout seat0 -config
xorg.conf.multiseat.

I am now trying to migrate to the new facilities for multiseats from
loginctl[2] and Xorg 1.16 with rootless X[3]. Documentation is very
rare, and I find it difficult to set up the global scheme.

I understand from loginctl(1) I have to first create 1 new seat with
loginctl using 1 existing graphic device:
$ attach seat1 /sys/bus/pci/device/0000:00:01.0@ (my graphic card as
listed by $lspci).

Then, I will attach a usb keyboard & mouse the same way, right ?

Now, as for the monitor & session layout, i have no idea how to deal
with it and the global /etc/X11/xorg.conf . Same as before or is there
now a more specific way?

Then, once I have created seat1, I am left with two seats : seat0 and
seat1. I understand I have to
bind a user session login to a specific seat, right ? Concretely, how do it ?

Thank you for any hint/pointer/suggestion about the path to follow.

--

[1]https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg_multiseat
[2]http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/multiseat/