[systemd-devel] loginctl - multi-seats

Damian Ivanov damianatorrpm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 11:48:55 PDT 2014

Yeah, so tl,dr what this is trying to say with one GPU and two
connectors, no multiseat possible using logind (yet, though this
was/is a planned feature). This is not a systemd/logind problem rather
than the driver provides you only one path per GPU (not a seperate per
port/connector). You could get some cheap displaylink device (must be
usb 2!!) like http://plugable.com/products/uga-165/ or a usb hub with
displaylink device (which I own and it can be used as a connect the
monitor and 4 usb devices + Network interface + audio input/output or
as an usb docking station)
http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Universal-DisplayLink-1920x1080-High-Speed/dp/B002PONXAI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1408819630&sr=1-1&keywords=plugable+usb+2.0+docking+station
(and this is device has even a preset rule shipped with udev that by
just plugging it in a new seat is created and everything attached to
that docking station is part of the seat)