[systemd-devel] [RFC] initrd: systemd-{networkd,resolved}

Timofey Titovets nefelim4ag at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 13:26:14 PDT 2014

Good time of day list, i just want to hear your opinions - pro and con

Pre story:
Before i install bunch of systemd-{networkd,resolved} and
wpa_supplicant (for connecting to HotSpots)

After i spend some time to think about network handling by networkd
and resolved, about some cases and i have idea, what if try to
implement early network connection in initrd?
Pro:
spherical cow - If mount rootfs fail to boot, or mount, we have
network access to restore system.
If system headless we can get remote access as case above and i think it cool.
It useful for nfs mount.

Yes, this implies what we use systemd, as init in boot process.
What i miss? This is good idea or i must burn him in hell.

--
Have a nice day,
Timofey.