[systemd-devel] Match section of .link file not working

Simon Peeters peeters.simon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 11:59:49 PDT 2014

> В Sun, 24 Aug 2014 21:28:51 +0200
> Simon Peeters <peeters.simon at gmail.com> пишет:
<snip>
>> No, and yes. The wireless adaptor actually only exprts phy0. The
>> kernel then by default creates wlan0.
>> Then i use :
>> # iw phy phy0 interface add wlv1 type __ap
>> # iw phy phy0 interface add wlv2 type station
>> To create the 2 virtual interfaces that I use. The only real
>> difference is the name I give them. (and the type in this case)
>
> Hmm ... if you use explicit command to create them, you can also assign
> whatever MAC is required as part of interface creation, right? Or do I
> miss something here?

Well, the problem is that that is racy, because networkd tries to "up"
the device probably even before iw returns.
And iw doesn't support doing this in one step, I have no idea wether
the kernel does.
And this will fail, because there already exists a device with the
same mac address. So my device ends up "failed" from a networkd pov
and I have to restart networkd to get it configured.