[systemd-devel] loginctl - multi-seats

David Herrmann dh.herrmann at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 14:27:53 PDT 2014

Hi

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 7:17 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 23.08.14 20:48, Damian Ivanov (damianatorrpm at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> Yeah, so tl,dr what this is trying to say with one GPU and two
>> connectors, no multiseat possible using logind (yet, though this
>> was/is a planned feature).
>
> It was/is? I have no intention to support this kind of multi-seat on
> non-DRM drivers, and as long as they only expose one device to
> userspace. We assign devices to seats, after all, and we won't assign a
> device to two seats.

Multiseat with only a single DRM driver is not possible so far. This
is NOT a limitation of logind, but rather of DRM. There have been
ideas how to fix this, but so far no-one pushed it to the upstream
kernel. For now you need at least one separate DRM card per seat.

Thanks
David