[systemd-devel] systemd-resolved, multi-home DNS resolution, VPNs, and privacy

Josh Triplett josh at joshtriplett.org
Thu Aug 28 13:08:10 PDT 2014

The documentation for systemd-resolved says it sends DNS queries on all
interfaces.  That seems like a bug for privacy and security reasons: I
don't necessarily want a query for foo.internalhost.com going anywhere
other than my VPN for internalhost.com, and if I run a VPN for privacy
purposes then I don't want *anything* other than the VPN itself to send
traffic over a non-VPN interface.  Any way we could fix that while
retaining the "works out of the box" behavior?

- Josh Triplett