[systemd-devel] container login

Ruben Kerkhof ruben at rubenkerkhof.com
Sat Aug 30 12:26:24 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm playing around a bit with systemd-nspawn, and the new --volatile option.
I've got it mostly working so far, except for loggin in to the container as root.

Looking at the code, IIUC systemd-firstboot is supposed to prompt for the root password, but it doesn't do this if /etc/shadow exists.
systemd-sysusers creates the root account, and, since 9ab315ccf22a, also creates a (locked) entry in /etc/shadow.

Now the obvious question is, how do I get into my volatile container?

Kind regards,

Ruben Kerkhof