[systemd-devel] systemd-nspawn at .service is unusable

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 08:12:30 PST 2014

Hello All!

I'm playing with systemd-nspawn at .service and cannot make it work. It
seems that similar issues were discussed (and addressed upstream) in
Debian bug #770275 ( https://bugs.debian.org/770275 ) however I
believe I've hit by something else.

What I've done so far:

* Ensured that /var/lib/container exists
* Created both  /var/log/journal/<machineid> and
/var/lib/container/<containername>/var/log/journal/<machineid>
* Ensured that Storage=persistent is set in
/var/lib/container/<containername>/etc/systemd/journald.conf

Every my attempt to run "systemctl status
systemd-nspawn@<containername>" ended up like this:

https://paste.fedoraproject.org/156640/14177088/

Please note that systemd-journald fails so I can't find out what's
going on there. I'm stuck right here. Some other services failed as
well, and I can't login using "machinectl login" but that's another
story I believe.

Any advice on how to debug this and make
systemd-nspawn@<containername> usable are highly appreciate!

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.