[systemd-devel] Luks + lvm in initrd

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Dec 4 16:15:27 PST 2014

On Tue, 28.10.14 23:51, Luca Bruno (lethalman88 at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi, I'm going on with my work to have systemd in initrd on NixOS (using
> dracut is a little complicated at the moment).
> Everything works fine, I've ported luks and lvm and both work separately.
> However I'm hitting a problem when using luks and lvm on top of luks.

> Any hints on where the culprit can be? Same happens with lvmetad.

The systemd develeopers generally don't really know LVM. LVM does
weird things with udev rules, and we cannot really help with that I
fear. Please ask the LVM folks for help.

In general much of the problems with LVM stem from the fact that they
their udev support is optional, and you need to enable it both in the
initrd and the host to work correctly.

But anyway, I am sorry, but I doubt many people on systemd-devel will
be able to help you.

Sorry,