[systemd-devel] user environment variables

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 05:13:13 PST 2014

Dear all,

For the user services started by systemctl --user, I sometimes need to
tell systemd some environment variables values.

For this purpose, I use drop-in configuration files (MyService.conf)
in /etc/systemd/system/user at .service.d

I am wondering if there is another way to pass the variables values.
I was thinking to some user directory like this :
~/.config/systemd/user at .service.d (does not work) or import one only
file with all these variables values with this command at session
start up: systemctl --import-environment FILE (does not work), or
maybe something like systemctl --import-environment 'cat FILE'.

Thank you for any hint.

Regards.