[systemd-devel] HEADSUP: hwdb management split from udevadm

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Thu Dec 18 12:57:40 PST 2014

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 9:11 PM, Umut Tezduyar Lindskog
<umut at tezduyar.com> wrote:
> Can I send a patch to wrap them with a ./configure option? The option
> should even include to make udevadm-hwdb.c, libudev-hwdb.c and
> udev-builtin-hwdb.c configurable.

Making systemd-hwdb optional (and hence also the .hwdb files) sounds reasonable.

I don't think we should make the library optional though (it is tiny
and deals well with the db not being around, and having to make it
optional in its various consumers sounds like unnecessary work).

Not sure about the builtin, it does not pull in any extra dependencies
(unlike e.g. blkid), and is pretty small, so not sure I see the
benefit of having it optional?

Cheers,

Tom