[systemd-devel] mount failed because the mount point dir doesn't exist

Baoquan He bhe at redhat.com
Thu Dec 18 18:58:16 PST 2014

Hi,

Now I encountered a prlblem. When I add an entry in /etc/fstab to mount
a disk on a dir like below, mount can be done successfully though /aa/bb
doesn't exist.
_ _ _ _ _
/dev/disk/by-uuid/xxx-xxx  /aa/bb   xfs  defaults  0 2

However when I make a initramfs for kdump kernel, I add an entry to
$mntimg/etc/fstab like below, mount will fail if /sysroot/var/crash
doesn't exist.
_ _ _ _ _
/dev/disk/by-uuid/xxx-xxx    /sysroot/var/crash xfs rw,relatime,...,x-initrd.mount 0 2

Does anyone know why this happen and how to fix it, or any
suggestion/idea?

Thanks
Baoquan