[systemd-devel] I am trying to hook up docker and systemd.

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Mon Dec 22 06:20:03 PST 2014

I have a working version of docker which runs systemd/journald within
the container and sets up the /var/log/journal/UUID inside the container
to match the version outside.  I also have registered the container with
machinectl.  Everything seems to work fine except that when I execute

journalctl -M UUID

I get a message saying no logs available.  I then attempted the same
thing with systemd-nspawn, and again  I get no logs availabel.  If I
send a SIGUSR1 to the journal process it finally writes its logs and the
journalctl on the outside sees it.  Is there a way to get the logs to
continuously be written, so jounralctl -M UUID will be able to monitor
the logs, without having to send the SIGUSR1?