[systemd-devel] systemd-sysv-generator question

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Wed Dec 31 06:31:14 PST 2014

Hi,

   I am knew to systemd and wonder how to use it correctly.

   I have a simple /etc/init.d/squid startup script which works with
systemd. I now copied it to /etc/init.d/mysquid and updated the content
accordingly. Now /etc/init.d/mysquid start fails saying the services fail is
missing.  I check the starndard squid package installer and it also does not
contain a services file.  I only saw update-rc which I run, but no change.

  After long search of my filesystem I found
/run/systemd/generator.late/squid.service with a comment:

  # Automatically generated by systemd-sysv-generator

  Reading about systemd-sysv-generator it says it is run early in the boot
process so after a reboot I also got
/run/systemd/generator.late/mysquid.service

  How can I run the service file creation manually instead of forcing a
system reboot ?

Thank you
Markus

Apologies if this is not the right mailing list for this question ( please
let me know which one is)